August 12, 2020
Swittons Introduces Smart IoT Devices for Pharmaceutical Lab Digital Transformation Initiatives
PISCATAWAY TOWNSHIP, NJ – August 12, 2020 -- Swittons, a P360 company, today announced a new line of Internet of Things (IoT) enabled smart devices built specifically for pharmaceutical labs. The fully customizable devices align with strategic Lab of the Future (LoTF) initiatives and help automate various laboratory workflows between people and existing digital lab equipment, systems and solutions. Built on an agile technology platform, Swittons devices are easy to deploy within pharmaceutical laboratories of all types.
“There are profound changes taking place in the area of life science research and development,” stated Swittons CEO and Founder Anupam Nandwana. “Driven by technological advances and the development of precision medicines, these modernization initiatives are designed to propel laboratory efficiencies into the future, allowing scientists to spend more time on science. This has changed the very concept of what the lab is, and Swittons is a key part of that evolution.”
The Swittons software platform is designed to provide life sciences companies with a modern, flexible user interface that not only integrates with other systems, but other IoT devices as well. This flexibility gives labs the power to create their own LoTF, configured in the way that works best for their specific use case. This means Swittons devices can be uniquely programmed, even within an individual laboratory, so end users aren’t forced into workflows that don’t fit their job function. In addition, the devices take up very little desk space, so they are conveniently available and work seamlessly within individual work styles.
Swittons devices are designed to be compatible with existing IT systems and integrate with lab support platforms and services such as LIMS, eDOC and ticketing systems. Swittons also features a powerful backend portal and reporting system, where administrators can view user CLICKS in one convenient location. The devices are even able to trigger phone and video calls via a built-in integration with Microsoft Teams.
Each Swittons device can be custom branded, and programmed for a wide range of laboratory scenarios. In pharmaceutical lab settings, Swittons fills the gap between the scientist and the lab by automating functions such as:
- Trigger equipment maintenance
- Open equipment service ticket
- Indicate equipment availability
- Trigger a video call
- Notify of temperature control deviation
- Notify of spill/cleaning needed
- Equipment occupancy notification
- Open Tickets in service software such as ServiceNow, Salesforce Service Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics
- Reorder reagents
- Re-stock disposable supplies
- Report OOS or Aberrant result
- Summon a lab runner
- Open SOP software
- Alert in an emergency
Swittons is built on Microsoft Azure, and each device comes out of the box ready and automatically connects through a Wi-Fi or GSM cellular connection. More information about Swittons for LoTF initiatives is available HERE.
Swittons is powered by the technology and expertise developed by P360. Delivering a 360-view through the pharma physician, laboratory and patient ecosystem, P360 designs and deploys capabilities that ensure the highest efficiencies and returns on sales operations, data management, clinical trials, patient centricity and IoT innovation. To learn more about P360, visit P360.
Explore More Relevant Articles on P360
- Swittons Adds Microsoft Teams Integration to its Devices for Voice, Video and Online Collaboration, Announces New Fingerprint Security Model
- Swittons Debuts First Fully Customizable IoT Powered Solution to Improve Pharma to Physician Communication
- Swittons’ Customizable IoT Powered Solution for Pharma to Physician Communication Makes Microsoft AppSource Debut
- P360 Named Sample Vendor in Gartner’s Hype Cycle for Life Science Commercial Operations, 2023
- P360 Appoints Darran Director: Customer Service and Product Strategy
Based in Piscataway Township, New Jersey, and powered by P360, Swittons is an end-to-end enterprise IoT solution for commercial acceleration. From dashboard to device to data, Swittons powers seamless engagement. Swittons for physicians and pharma is changing everything about how businesses communicate. To learn more, visit Swittons